The Trump healthcare plan is a 7 point plan to fix healthcare in the United States. While Donald Trump has talked healthcare for many years, and repeated those ideas throughout this campaign (he’s talked about buying across state lines since at least 2011), this is his first full-fledged written plan. Every other time he’s spoken about it, it has been verbalized.
- Repeal Obamacare, kill the mandate.
- Open insurance for sale across state lines.
- Insurance premiums will become tax deductible.
- Expand HSAs (Health Savings Accounts) … HSAs should be tax free, and accumulate.
- Require price transparency from all healthcare providers so individuals can shop around.
- Medicaid goes to the states free from federal oversight.
- Remove barriers for drug providers to offer safe, reliable, cheaper drugs. Will remove restrictions on proven drugs imported from overseas.
All-in-all, pretty much what Americans, financial advisors, businesses, Republicans have been begging for since the healthcare debate began.