Bruce Springsteen continues to struggle for attention by ‘boycotting’ states who are trying to protect people’s rights to privacy in bathrooms and locker rooms. However, his latest asshattery is staggering, even for the ‘Boss’ of hypocrisy.
Billboard.com and the Detroit Free Press are reporting that rocker Bruce Springsteen denounced a Michigan bill that would require Michigan students to only use bathrooms and locker rooms matching their birth gender.
He even mentioned it at a recent concert:
After saluting the work of the local Gleaners Community Food Bank, Springsteen warned the Palace crowd that Michigan was considering LGBT-discriminating legislation “similar to the ones that forced us to cancel our show in North Carolina” on April 10 in Greensboro.
“We hope the bill doesn’t pass, ’cause we love playing in Michigan,” Springsteen added. “So keep your heads up.”
Okey dokey cupcake.
Bruce Springsteen is reacting to a bill designed to prevent the utterly insane, asinine, and dangerous policy recently set forth by Michigan’s education department. I broke that down for you here.
State Sen. Tom Casperson is going to introduce the bill to rectify this ludicrous policy. In his announcement, he said:
“It is hard to believe that a state board, which is clearly out of touch with Michigan residents, got assistance from equally out of touch unelected bureaucrats to develop such a document to fundamentally change Michigan’s public education system without the public’s prior knowledge or consent,” said Casperson, R-Escanaba. “In the pursuit of social justice, this so-called draft guidance document creates numerous problems, from the elimination of parental authority and notification to threatening student safety and beyond. My bill would stop this policy dead in its tracks.”
It doesn’t matter what your stance on trans issues is, this Michigan education department guideline is the precipice of asshattery.
The idea that anyone, who isn’t mentally ill, would support the education guidelines recently set forth is disturbing. Buried in the fluffy guidelines promoting tolerance, and a vow to protect trans students (which we all support), is where things take a turn for the worst.
The Michigan guidelines allow students full reign without parental or physician oversight or input.
Let me ask you a few questions:
- Do you support children as young as 4 or 5 choosing their own names separate from their given name without a legal name change?
- Do you support children as young as 4 or 5 choosing their gender pronouns?
- Do you support schools changing unofficial school records to reflect those wishes of students?
- Do you support students seeking amendments to those records?
- Should students as young 4 or 5 be able to hide those name changes, gender identity, and records from anyone they choose, including parents?
- Should teachers be allowed to deceive parents that this is occurring when contacting parents?
- Should anatomical boys share locker rooms with anatomical girls?
- Should biological and anatomical boys be able to compete in biological and anatomical girls’ sports leagues?
If you answered yes to those questions, congratulations! You are an asshat! Your name might just be Bruce Springsteen.
The idea that something as big as changing one’s identity, or gender affiliation, without the parents having some knowledge, say, or participation is utterly crazy. Then it gets beyond the pale when you don’t allow any doctor input.
We throw parents in jail when their kids miss days of school, but they aren’t allowed to know their child has changed their name or gender?
Bonus! Teachers and school faculty get to conspire with the child to intentionally deceive the parents this is even happening.
That’s what you’re opposing Bruce. You are opposing parental involvement in their child’s upbringing. What a perfect little statist you are.